Re: Escorting ladies and the like..and explaination

Poster: Scott Silvers/James of Westmorland <ssilvers@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Jason Smith wrote:
<snip>

>         I guess my point is, I will continue with my way of doing things. Is
> my way right or the only way of doing things? No, of course not, but it is
> MY way. So pardon me if I take things a little strangely like this. I mean
> NO offense to anyone but I must stand for things I believe.

	And no one is saying you should change your ways, Ciaran.  My
ways are not much different from yours.  I was brought up to behave as a
gentleman (i.e. opening doors, paying for dinner, etc).  Ask anyone who
knows me well and they will attest to that fact.  However, I also realize
that those attitudes are not always accepted.  I will let my girlfriend
pay for dinner if she insists, I will let her open the door for me.
(Admittedly most of this comes from the fact that I know I cannot win an
argument with her.  I just usually make up for it in other ways.)  Ladies
should have the option of doing things their way as well.

> ..oh and one last thing, unless statements are directly aimed at you,
> please do not feel the need to attack someone with a differing general
> opinion on life, it's just not cool. I 've  gotten 2 attacks about this and
> i just made a GENERAL statment about life, not about anyone or anyone's honor...

	I agree. None of this should degenerate into personal attacks.
We all have different opinions and we are entitled to them.  Those who
resort to this just have to be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
Ignore them...they are not worth dealing with.

					-James

___________________    ___________________________________________
|                 |    | James Beckett of Westmorland, Seneschal |
|-----------------|    | Incipient College of Marshals' Keep	 |
|        /\       |    | Barony of Black Diamond                 |
|      /    \     |    | Atlantia                                |
|      \    /     |    | Scott Silvers                           |
|        \/       |    | Washington & Lee University             |

Visit the College of Marshals' Keep Home Page at
	http://www.wlu.edu/~sca