Re: Scroll idea

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Ed Hopkins)

James Beckett of Westmorland, wrote parenthetically,

> (A good friend of mine received his AoA at an event last year,
> but had to wait almost a month to get his scroll back because
> he had no way to transport it safely and gave it to someone
> else, who he was not able to see for some time.)

When I received my Mauche scroll, old long since, the calligrapher
kindly gave me the box she used to bring the scroll to to the hall.
It was made of very stout cardboard with dimensions that seemed
made for carrying scrolls, and said "Kodak" in large, friendly
letters.  I used that box to bring the scroll home, then brought
the box to my next event and gave it to someone who received a
scroll without a box.  I wrote my name on the back of the box
and suggested that my friend should likewise write his name
when he passed it on.  I don't know what happened to it after
that.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com
Into Tuskane he turnes  when thus wel timed,
Takes townes full tite  with towres full high;
Walles he welt down,  wounded knightes,
Towres he turnes,  and tourmentes the pople,
Wrought widowes full wlonk  wrotherayle singen,
Oft werye and weep  and wringen their handes;
And all he wastes with war  there he away rides;
Their welthes and their wonninges  wandreth he wrought!
    -- Alliterative Morte Arthure