[MR] Coronation idea

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Ed Hopkins)

Richard Fitzgilbert opined, in part,

> I think that if the scroll's authors/creators are in court when the
> scrolls are presented that the scribe should be the one to present the
> scroll either to the herald, king or recipient.  If possible and
> desirable the scribe could be the one who reads the scroll.  Who knows
> the text better?  I know that some scribes will not want to participate
> in court this way, but I think this is a way of recognizing the
> importance of their contributions.

This idea could easily be extended to other arts.  For example, when
a new pair of Ducal or County coronets are presented, the smith who
crafted them might present them to their Majesties to be presented to
their predecessors.

This gives me another idea.  Although I don't know the origin of the
Atlantian Crown Jewels, I imagine that their creators would not likely
be on hand at every Coronation.  But I also assume that they are a good
deal sturdier than the average scroll.  Could they withstand a ceremony
whereby the Crowns are passed among the assempled crowd before ending
up on the Royal heads, thus demonstrating that their Majesties are
crowned with the acclaim of the populace and incidently giving everyone
an opportunity to see the fine workmanship up close?

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com