[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]

Tarpunto (?) Embroidery

Poster: Jen <JL8873A@american.edu>

While on the subject of Italian Ren garb . . . was tarpunto embroidery (as I
believe it is/was called) used on women's dresses? From the description given
by the person who suggested this to me, it involves "a cord placed between two
layers of fabric and sort of quilted around or embroidered over so that it
became raised somewhat." Personally, I have no clue. What are some books,
articles, etc. that are good sources for this? Many thanks!

List Archives, FAQ, FTP:  http://sca.wayfarer.org/merryrose/
            Submissions:  atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
        Admin. requests:  majordomo@atlantia.sca.org