Crusade

Poster: "Scott Vaughan" <vaughan~sf@glaxowellcome.com>

[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

Does anyone know if crusaders or merchants ever brought female
servants/slaves back to Europe from the Middle-East. Or is there
any evidence of (female) Arabs visiting the 12th Century Norman
court? My wife and I are looking for interesting reasons that a
Lady of Queen Elanor's court (who doesn't travel much) might know
something about Middle-Eastern music and dance. You needn't send
me a complete text, just a source or a place to look would be
nice.

Thanks
efen