From: "Napier, Robert" <NapierR@mps.bellhowell.com>
To: "'atlantia@csc.ncsu.edu'" <atlantia@csc.ncsu.edu>
Cc: "'Tom Brady'" <tabrady@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Fwd: Windmaster's Hill down?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 09:31:00 PST

Greetings all from the long lost Francesco della Rosa.

Much as happened since last my beloved Elvegast has seen me last. New
employment (for we cannot leave on mead alone), new home (in my slow
march to the Debatable Lands, I have moved less than a mile down the road
from my old home), and a new wife (not that she replaces an old wife, but
new nonetheless).

As more demands for time came into my life, I visited the Dream less and
less. If you did not see me at University, the last chance you would have
had was Pennsic. Along the way, my subscription to the Windlore (the
Baronial newsletter) either lapsed or was lost, and so my knowledge of
the current officials dwindled. Since that was the primary information on
the page, updates were rare. I am ashamed to say, that I did not even
notice when PLE (the home of the baronial web page) went away.

While the idea of the Baronial web page fits into my love of order (i.e.
the kingdom should have links to the baronies, the baronies should link
to the cantons, etc.), I found that the Baronial web page was of very
little use. I originally created it in hopes of putting Master Robyyan's
excellent phone list on the web. I started by placing the officials of
our Barony on the page, with their addresses and phone numbers so that
their subjects might reach them. After Her Excellency Baroness Ceridwen
reminded me that it is proper to ask permission of a gentle before
publishing their information thus (the web being a much more public place
than the Windlore), I realized that there was little hope of receiving
permission from every person listed in Master Robyan's list, and I would
not do other than the wishes of the Baroness.

In a poor attempt for forgiveness, I have created a new Baronial web
page. It is almost empty right now, I need to go home and look everything
up. The new address is http://www.serve.com/napier/sca. serve.com is
often slow and goes down occasionally, but it is where I keep my personal
web pages (unlike party.com, which I never had a personal account on).
When there is something meaningful on the page (by the end of the
weekend), I will crawl the web and send notes to everyone who had the old
address. Comments on useful information or format are more than welcome.

My dear Lady is anxious for us to rejoin the Dream, so it is like that
you will see more of me.

BTW, where did the Elvegast page go?
ABTW, who is managing the Windlore now?

Francesco della Rosa