North Vs. South

Poster: dhritter@newmail.dukepower.com (David H Ritterskamp)

     A point that may not have been made regarding the below discussion;

     On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir
     <>polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <> wrote:

     >Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <>polearmed@worldnet.att.net"
     <>
     >  That may be true, Frederich, but guess what?.....You're the one
     that
     >mentioned it first and so you get all the credit for bringing it up
     this
     >time.
     >
     >I am of the persuasion that these things should continually be
     >discussed.  It is my opinion that, if we are not discussing it at the
     >right time, the right time for these changes/evolutions might pass us
     by
     >and then we make something already a little painful quite
     excruciating.

     >If we do that, and the discussing populace feels no risk in exposing
     >personal opinions, as a Kingdom and as a 20th century social group,
     we
     >can make very educated decisions about the intrinsic values and
     >disvalues, overcome and personal biases built from our individualized
     >experiences, and urge our royals in the manner in which we really
     want
     >to move on this, or not.
     >
     >Falcone

     One point:

     Has anybody tried to figure out what would be ideal travel time to an
     event, and then thought about making all the kingdoms that size??

     That might make for smaller, but more personalized kingdoms.
     Personally, I know very few northerners, and I'm sure they're just as
     aware of me.  Mightn't each side be happier with its own thing?

     Just as the mistake was made with whichever kingdom was out west and
     split lengthwise, instead of across the middle (thus having two TALL
     kingdoms with 14 hours travel time end to end instead of cutting them
     in half horizontally, thus cutting travel time in half) it would be
     possible to separate Atlantia (or any other kingdom, for that matter)
     in such a way as to minimize the geographical problems.  I would guess
     that the split would be between Richmond and Raleigh, and between
     Black Diamond and points north.  Geographically speaking, that
     probably works best.

     Of course, why use geographical breakdowns when we can squabble over
     it forever?

     Personally, if I had realized that Pointless War was going to be held
     at a site that was 10+ hours away, I doubt I'd have gone.

     Just a thought-

     Ld. Jonathan Blackbow
     House O'Shannon