Re: [EK] Re:native american persona?

Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <>polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <>

YATAHEY!

mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU wrote:

> Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU
>
> On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Stephen Mumford wrote:
>
> > As far as North American Indians go, I doubt you'd be able to do that, as
> > pronounce contact wasn't until a little later, I believe.

This is my sore spot and so I won't engage in the usual rhetoric
concerning the bigoted, closed-minded, self-important, arrogant and
incredibly ignorant Western European culture who did what they did to
the aboriginals here in "New World" when they found my progenitor's
"backward and ignorant culture", except for this sentence.;)

I have met a couple of SCAdians with NA personas, and they were done
well.  Well enough, in fact, that I was compelled to engage in
conversation.  My intrinsic point is: when it is done well, and as long
as those who wish it are not intentionally confronted by these "silly
indians", as I have heard them called, it sure beats the hell out of
vampire teeth and pointy ears.  There is still plenty of argument for
and against, and most of it is valid(besides, you can justify almost
anything from your own individual set of prejudices-and I mean that in a
good way, with no insinuation of bigotry).

I see it as an enhancement when Takote from the Outlands(I think that's
his name) wears his bone breast-plate and a mohawk crest on his helm and
fights pole like a savage gentleman.  I haven't ever seen these people
puff themselves up in rigid difiance or intentionally trying to hurt
"the game" to further their interests.  They were just here to
participate while placing a value on their interests just like the rest
of us do.  Any harm usually occurred after some fubawaba(read - fat ugly
broad and with a bad attitude) approached with the intention of
confrontation and conflict.  (That's when we get out the stakes and the
rawhide and have some "pig" and potatoes...well, savage and all that,
you know;)

Falcone
(who wishes he had been here at the beginning of this thread)