Re: rattan & chirurgeons

Poster: Brenda <Adendra@Charleston.Net>

Kat Hintze wrote:

> Poster: Kat Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>
>
> A new member recently asked me a couple of questions I didn't have answers
> to, so I'm posting them here in hopes of getting some answers.  I'm sure
> these have already been covered, so feel free to post privately to me if you
> don't want to waste bandwidth.
>
> First, is there a convenient source for rattan locally (coastal NC)?  If
> not, could someone reccommend a reliable (and inexpensive) mail-order
> source?  (This gentleman joined the SCA less than a month ago, and I don't
> even want to get into Sil-a-flex with him, as it's so experimental.
>
> Second, how does one go about becoming a warranted chirurgeon?  The newbie
> in question has had EMT training and starts nursing school in the fall and
> wants to put that training to use where it might do some good.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated!
>
> In service,
> Lady Katriona of NorthWoods

As to your question reguarding chirurgeons, your friend needs to send a
completed Atlantian chirurgeon application form along with copies of
his/her EMT certification paperwork, CPR card and SCA membership to Lord
Giacomo, the Kingdom Chirurgeon. They then need to serve a 4 event
apprenticeship with another chirurgeon who is at least of Journeyman
rank. The paperwork can be obtained from any active chirurgeon, or I can
mail you a copy if you would send me your snail mail address. i would
also be happy to answer any other questions that you or anyone else might
have about the Chirurgeonate.

				Mistress Aodh Adendra Marland,
				Master Chirurgeon and former Kingdom
				Chirurgeon