Re: Regarding Crown Tourney

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <Neilltl@ptsc.slg.eds.com>

His Highness wrote:

>I did not know that I had won.

One thing I noticed at Crown (and most other Atlantian tourneys) is that the
person who is killed in a fight rarely falls down and dies.

Generally, the 'dead' person nods or says 'good', salutes and walks off the
field.

I suppose this is another piece of inter-kingdom Anthropology.

But if dead fighters *fell down and died* after a fight I think it would be a
good thing.

There would be little doubt in the victor's mind that his/her opponent thought
s/he was dead.

It would liven things up for the spectating populace.

It would cause less reliance on having to hear the herald or marshal declare
the victor.

There are many fights I have witnessed in several tourneys where I had no idea
who won.  I couldn't hear the herald, and the participants just spoke a few
words to one another and walked of the field.

        - Anarra