Glass Thing, June 8th

Poster: PETERSR@spiegel.becltd.com (Peters, Rise J.)

On the day after University, there will be a "Glass Thing" held nearby (in
northern Storvik, mundanely Takoma Park, MD) for those who are interested in
exploring glass arts or visiting with other glassworkers.  I'll have a
couple of lampworking torches set up, a kiln to play with (if all goes
well), a light table and tracing paper for cartooning stained glass, some
glass paints, possibly mosaic materials (if anyone lets me know they're
interested in trying that), a pile of reference books, and lunch.  The idea
is simply to get together in an environment that gives us some time to try
different things, play around with the materials, and visit with each other.

Anyone who has glassworking videos is welcome to bring them (there's a
marble-making tape I've been wanting to see, if anyone out there has a
copy!)

The house will be open from 12 to 5 for folks to drop in and join the fun
(at 5 I have to pack up and go to a barony meeting).

Please drop me a line if you think you'll be coming by, so I know how much
lunch to make!  I'm hoping to see lots of you there!

=Caitlin Cheannlaidir, of
La Compagnia dei Maestri del Vetro;
by grace of their Excellancies, Minister of Arts & Sciences for Storvik

Directions:

Take your best route to the DC beltway.  Take Exit 28 to New Hampshire Ave.
SOUTH.  Take New Hampshire to Rt. 410 (Ethan Allen) and turn right.  Take a
left onto Sycamore just before the first stop light.  My place, 7002
Sycamore, is a yellow Colonial on your right.  Please do not park in the
driveway as my husband needs to be able to get in and out.