VOTE? contemptuous laughter

Poster: "Efenwealt Wystle" <efen@hotmail.com>

<I misquote:>

I am Aruthur, king of the Britons.

King of the who?

The Britons.

Who are the Britons?

Well, we all are, we're all Britons, and I am your king.

Well I didn't vote for you.

You don't VOTE for kings!

Well how'd you become king then?

The lady of the lake, her arm clad in shimmering samite held aloft
excalibur from the bosom of the lake, signifying that I Arthur was to be
King of the Britons.

Listen, stange women lying in ponds is no basis for a system of
government. Supreme executive authority is derived from a mandate from
the masses. Not some farcical aquatic ceremony. Look if I went 'round
sayin' I was emperor because some moistened bint had lumped a scimitar
at me, they'd have me locked away...

shut up!

ah! now we see the violence inherent in the system!

Shut up! Bloody Peasant!

OOOO! COME AND SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM. HELP HELP I'M
BEIN' REPRESSED! Did you see that? Did you see him repressin' me?

<end of misquote>

Look folks, this isn't a democracy, its a game. "Feudalism at its
Finest." I know the feelings and the people are real, but the government
isn't. Sheesh, loosen up. You think hitting each other is a clever way
of choosing a chief executive, but you still want to vote? What a bunch
of nuts...

If more fun people played politics, politics would be more fun.

efen, Chairman of the Known World Disorder.

Lord Efenwealt Wystle (aka Scott F. Vaughan) efen@hotmail.com
Militant Society of Bards
Merchant, Mirth-Maker, Minstrel by trade, and a Fool in my
spare time (Funny, I seem to have an awful lot of spare time.)
Elvegastly, Windmaster, Atlantian