Re: Looking for period astronomy myths

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

> Poster: hank harwell <web7989@charweb.org>
>
> I am looking for period astronomy myths that are _not_ classical (i.e.
> greco-roman).
>
> I would like a few more of these items to complete my research, and am
> particularly interested in norse equivalences....Can anyone point me in
> the right direction?

You may wish to expand your search to include theological references, as
anything to do with heavenly bodies during the Middle Ages was usually
dealing with sacred doctrine as well.  You may wish specifically to do
some research on the "music of the spheres."  A good guide to Dante's
Commedia that details the prevalent view of the universe during his time
period may be interesting to you.
Aye,
Eogan