Magnus' letter

Dafydd ap Gwystl greets ... the 45-zillion people on this CC:list.

Kate, if the letter from Magnus was a private one (i.e., not CC: the
principality list) you should not have quoted it directly on the
principality list when you decided to bring it to a larger forum.  I would
have been much happier never having read the note exactly as it was
written.

However, having read it, I feel I must respond.

Magnus, you made a number of personal comments regarding me in your note.
You said you wonder at my motives, and cast aspersions on my high regard
for Atlantia.

I am sorry you did not feel able to express yourself to me directly.  You
are an honest person; I would have hoped that you would be willing to talk
to me before slamming me and my motives to others.

My motives are, and have been, quite clear.  I think that the principality
is a good idea.  I have been working in a very public fashion to convince
others of the same.  What, exactly, do you doubt?

I am sorry that you cannot mesh the idea of love of Atlantia and support
for a northern principality within your own mind.  The fact that you
cannot conceive it does not make it false.

Magnus, the fact that I favour something that you think will be dangerous
to Atlantia does not make me suddenly become the Antichrist.  Why didn't
you ask me about it?  By your own admission you have read the website; I
know that you have sent me e-mail many times in the past, why did you not
speak to me, and say: "Dafydd, I see this as bad" ?  I would not have been
offended by your honesty and bluntness in a personal note.  But I am very
distressed that your opinion of me could be so changed, and yet you would
not once speak to me about it.  And even more distressed that you would
speak so disparagingly about me and my motives to a third person without
ever taking up the matter with me.

Dafydd ap Gwystl

Please, everyone, let us not demonize people who disagree with us.  The
fact that someone else has a different idea does not make them evil.