Search for shoes

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Greetings unto those gathered here from Corun.

I am looking for references to shoes of the late 15th c., circa 1480-ish.
I have come across a reference to the following book;

Victor Gay. Glossaire archeologique du moyen age et de la renaissance. 1887.

Does anyone (specifically you librarians out there) know if this is still
in print and what the ISBN would be. This information was lacking from the
site. The site where I encountered this book is;

	http://www.loonie.net/~plalonde/World/SCA/shoe.html

This fellow has some nice photos of two of his attempts at Burgundian
slippers. He does very nice work and this page is worth a visit for anyone
interested in the cobbler's craft and art.

What I want to make is a pair of high, soft leather boots for wearing
indoors. These are mentioned at this website as having been some of the
many shoes and boots owned by the King of France in 1396. I am going to
start a late Burgundian outfit, and I'd like to have the appropriate pair
of shoes and/or boots to wear with it. I've got a deer hide just waiting
to be made into boots right now. I'll also add pattens at some point so
I can wear the boots outdoors.

My thanks for any and all help.

In service,
Corun