Stefan's files for May

Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60@email.sps.mot.com>

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

Here is a copy of my monthly article for May. Please be aware that not
everthing is up on the website yet. Hopefully this will get cleared up in
a few eeeks. Also, as only a few editors have sent me notifications that
they were publishing this article or sent me a copy (A Big Thanks to
those that have), I am now requiring a notice if you publish this article
so that I can track whether it is worth continuing. An email notice would
be fine.

If the article proves too long for your publication, you may cut the section
dealing with old files that have had additions.

I am mailing this notice to several new kingdom mailing lists this month,
but I cannot reach the maillists for Caid and the West without subscribing.
If you are on these lists, and think this article would be of interest,
could you please forward it there, after waiting a little while to make
sure someone else hasn't already done this?

Also, if someone knows if there are maillists for the kingdoms of Aethelmearc,
Drachenwald and Trimaris that I can send this message to without subscribing,
could you please send me the email posting address for these? If I need to
subscribe to post to these, I would appreciate forwarding this message as
mentioned above.

Thanks.
  Stefan
--------------------

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers").  In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that sometimes there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan@texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60@email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

almond-milk-msg       Making almond milk. Recipes. Deskinning nuts
bellows-msg           Medieval bellows.
butchering-msg        Butchering livestock and game.
cookbooks-SCA-msg     Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.
Coron-Artem-art       Coronation ceremony of Artemisia’s 2nd crown
Finland-hist-art      "The History of Finland (years 500-1250)" by Pasi Malmi.
Herald-Embro-art      "Heraldic Embroidery" by lady Christian de Holacombe.
Hst-SCA-Fence-art     "History of SCA Fencing" by Don Tivar Moondragon.
                         Society Rapier Marshal.
KF-feast-msg          The King’s Forest feast.
meat-smoked-msg       Medieval smoked meats. Smoking meats.
no-fire-cook-msg      Period no-fire and solar cooking.
seafood-msg           Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
Spain-msg             Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
War-o-t-Roses-art     "The War of the Roses" by Jan van Seist.
                         A short, humorous overview article.

Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:

beer-msg              Making beer, period beer and ale. Hops.
beverages-msg         Beverages in general. alcholic drinks.
clothing-L-msg        Period clothing for large women.
fd-Ireland-msg        Medieval Irish food. referances. recipes.
feast-menus-msg       Feast menus from various SCA feasts.
feast-serving-msg     Ideas for serving feasts. How to organise.
fish-msg              Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
food-storage-msg      Storing and preserving food in period. Non-
                         refrigerated food for camping and Pennsic.
herbs-msg             Herbs used in period and how they were used.
                         Modern sources.
mushrooms-msg         Period mushrooms. Recipes.
pasta-msg             Period pasta. Period referances. Recipes.
r-tourn-ideas-msg     Rapier tournament ideas.
saffron-msg           Types of saffron. period uses.
salads-msg            Period salads. lettuce, greens.
shoes-msg             Medieval footwear and SCA imitations.
tent-sources-msg      Pavilion and canvas merchants.
---
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX  78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.

<end>