Re: words & more words

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

Mike Dullaghan wrote:

> I play with computers for a living, and once answered a question from
> a co-worker with, "It's a CPL in CMDNC0."

"I'm not worried about eBGP until your T is ESF/B8ZS and there's LMI on
the PVC."

Yeah, we could play this game all day.  Computer, networks, mathematics,
aerospace, avaiation ... medicine, law, auto repair...

We tailor our speech to what's appropriate.  Acronyms and awkward
abbreviations aren't appropriate.

And even in my web minister's office, if I must speak to someone at an
event about business, I'll try to be as non-technical as possible and
keep the conversation very plain to the casually overhearing people
around.
_____
 \_/   kevin@maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org