Pennsic Pity Party

Poster: Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>

Can't make it to Pennsylvania for Pennsic?  No money, no vacation time?
Well, don't despair!  You, too, can experience heat, dust and mud at:

The Pennsic Pity Party
in the Shire of Cathanar
*an unofficial event*

August 14-16
Fisher's Landing, Highway 70, New Bern, NC

There's no site fee, none, zero, zip.  (Hey, if you had money you'd be at
War!)  Dogs are welcome but must be kept leashed.  Symon de Spaulding has
offered to teach board games and pike drill, and there will probably be
dance as well.  Fighting?  Expect pick-up fighting, but if you want a
tourney you will have to plan it.  Rapier marshals will be on site.  An
impromptu bardic circle may be in the offing, as may dance.  I personally
plan to be there starting Friday afternoon, and to leave around noon on
Sunday, unless it's too darn hot.

In case of rain or extreme heat, we'll go to Christoph & Kat's, watch
videos, and really feel sorry for ourselves.  In case of hurricanes, I plan
not to attend!  For futher information, contact Lady Katriona of
NorthWoods, mka Sherry Hintze, Lot 24 Dutch Treat MHP, Newport, NC 28570,
(252) 726-0612, <chhintze@mail.clis.com>.

Directions:  Take your best route to Hwy 70 between Havelock and New Bern, NC.
*From the east (Havelock), watch on the right for the Croatan National
Forest ranger's office.  Take the NEXT right, across from the gas station.
Follow the dirt road back to the campground.
*From the west (New Bern), watch for the little church and gas station on
your right.  Turn left into the access road across the street.  Follow the
dirt road back to the camping area.

This is not an official event - but we hope it will be a good time!

Lady Kat

BTW - My apologies for the short notice.  I tried to post to the Merry Rose
a couple of weeks ago, and all my posts have bounced back as undeliverable.