Re: Lord of the Rings Casting Call

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Michael Ruttle wrote:

> Liam Neilson as Strider?

Liam Neeson?  Hmm.  I think he'd be better as Boromir -- he's got awful
broad shoulders.  But he'd work fine as Strider too.

Who's the actor who played Sharpe in the Sharpe's Battles series on PBS?
He also played the IRA villain "Sean" against Harrison Ford in one of the
Tom Clancy flicks whose name I forget (but I liked the film).  Sean Bean
maybe?  Anyway, he'd make an excellent Strider -- he can easily look as
vicious and disreputable as the initial view of him in the Prancing Pony
in Bree, and as tough as nails through the middle, and still become the
noble leader revealed at the end.

Dafydd