Rubber Axe heads

Poster: jsrechts@imap.unc.edu

OK, so can someone give us the latest scoop on the rubber axe heads?
Last year at Pennsic, we couldn't use them.
Rumor went around that the society marshall banned them.  Duke Richard
told me the society marshall banned them but I never saw anything in
print about this.
This year, my lovely rubber axe head pole-arm was permitted and I had
the chance to swat some heads with it.  Additionally, a Midrealmer told
me that there was a long explanation of the legalities of the rubber axe
in their
newsletter, The Pale.  The lengthy explanation basically said that they
are legal.

So... What gives here?

Lyanna