Re: Waivers for Crown

Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

Both of the rules that you have quoted make perfectly good sense for the reasons
they are in place.

Let me give you an example or two;

Duke Bigus Stickus (a transplant from that kingdom over there, and a really
"hot" stick) wishes to fight in Crown.  He has lived here for three months and,
frankly, doesn't have a clue of the traditions and laws of Atlantia.  He sends
his letter in and rule 6.4.1.7 applies.

    This is to protect the kingdom's traditions.  While his grace Bigus may mean
well, it wouldn't sit too nicely for him and others, if he started handing out
Shark's Teeth to someone who was a waterbearer for the day.

Example 2

I will make this one more personal.

Sir Forgal and Countess Bridgit return to us from Japan in a year.  They wish to
fight in Crown but rule 6.4.1.7 says they can't.  The King thinks to Himself
"hey, Forgal and Bridgit have a clue as to how things are run here in
Atlantia".  The King then uses rule 6.4.1.9 to deal fairly with this situation.

We (Duchess Arielle and I) used 6.4.1.9 for both of our Crown Lists.  Both times
we had fighters that were within a month or two of the "requirement".  Both
rules make sense and are good to have in place.

Warmest regards,

Duke Logan