Re: Re: Book Project

Poster: EoganOg@aol.com

I think this would be a great idea and something that would turn into a great
joy to look through, especially if each new monarch that added their arms
commissioned then in a style of their choosing.

The Lyon Register in Scotland is among one of the most interesting registers
to look through because since its establishemnt in the 1600s, there has been
no attempt made to maintain a "house style" so each new heraldic artist who
recorded arms did so in his or herown styles, which usually reflected the
styles of the times.  I think it would be very interesting to see this effect
played out in SCA terms.

I also think this would be a great venue to record and display the full
acheivements of the monarch's arms, which are rarely seen.

Aye,
Eogan Og