Re: Company of the Banner, or what the heck was my augmentation?

Poster: Jim Trigg <jtrigg@hoflink.com>

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Beverly Robinson-Curry wrote:

> Augmentations are granted by the Crown and can be displayed in a number of
> manners.  One such way is to place them "in canton" on your device.  This
> means putting them in the upper left (as you are facing the device) corner.
>  Another way is to display them as a crest atop a helm.  Master Herveus?
> Would you care to comment on other ways to use augmentations?

Actually, as I understand it, the Crown grants an augmentation, but the
form is set by the College of Arms. I find no registered armory associated
with "Banner, Company of the" as of October.

Blaise
--
RL/DNRC: Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-
SCA: Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles, Ponte Alto Pursuivant