RE: Thoughts on Crown Tournament

Poster: "Jeffrey C. Sussman" <JSussman@erols.com>

Greetings from Richard!

While I have frequently put forward the half, half, half... idea, alas I
neither so wise nor so erudite as it's original author.  This was coined by
Duke Gyrth.

Yours in Service to Atlantia,
Duke Richard Fitzgilbert
(Jeffrey Sussman)

"	Only the struck fighter can acknowledge a good blow.
"
"	If I may repeat what has been said by Duke Richard, the
"fighter being
"hit has 100% of the feeling of the blow, the feeling of his or
"her armor
"and the effect of their movement.  The fighter throwing the blow knows
"only half that much.  The marshall of that bout then knows
"half of that,
"and the spectators know much, much less.  While the ratios may not be
"perfect, they convey the right thought.
"
"	While you watch the grandeur of Atlantia's finest
"fighters compete in
"honorable combat for Her crown, please remember His Grace's words of
"wisdom.
"
"	I look forward to a memorable day, and wish you safe travel.
"_____
"|_|_|  Lord Kevin of Thornbury, Esquire
"| | |  (Kevin Maxson)
" \|/   kevin@maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org
"            Submissions:  atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
"        Admin. requests:  majordomo@atlantia.sca.org