SCA Guilds?

Unto all who read these words, greetings from Yaakov.

I seem to be coming in the middle (or tale end) of a discussion on SCA guilds
and whether they are or aren't medieval.  For myself, I see no barrier to
making guilds more along medieval models as our research improves in much the
same way that everything else in the SCA improves.  I also think that we have
a problem with  a mentality that says that anyone who wants to do something
on a regular basis needs to have a guild or an office to organize it.

Yaakov