Re: Discuss: Heraldry question (Long!)

CORVUS2@aol.com wrote:

>  Unfortunately, the Crown and the Baronage cannot be everywhere and
>know everyone personally, so many worthy people go unrecognized because
>they are not brought to the attention of the Crown/Baronage.  PLEASE
>WRITE recommendation letters whenever you feel they are warranted.  The
> Crown/Baronage appreciates hearing from ALL of its populace.
> Rhiannon
> Nereid Herald  May I add my tuppenceworth? I've served as Lady in Waiting to a few of
our Queens, and I can assure you that every one of them paid attention to
a letter - no matter the rank of the sender. What Rhiannon says is
absolutely true. The only time I saw award recommemdations looked askance
at was when a small group of people all sent letters recommending each
other... and no-one else had heard of any of them! That generated a
flurry of phone calls from the Monarchs to establish who these gentles
were... So, PLEASE WRITE!
Rosine
Kingdom Chatelaine