RE: [EK] Re:native american persona? (fwd)

Poster: Charlene Noto <charlenn@MICROSOFT.com>

One correction I need to make to Eogan's post.

> Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU
>
>   But the SCA is a re-creation group that focuses on European
> culture from 600-1600AD (approx.),

Mistress Teleri, in a conversation with me about the research papers for
the Kingdom Arts Festival, asked me when the SCA had ruled out her
persona, which is 5th century? I was quite confused and she said that
she had been hearing the 600-1600 timeline from various locations but
could find nothing in Corpora that stated the 600.

She is correct. I contacted the Corporate Minister of Arts and Sciences.
Mistress Juelda said that Corpora does not state 600 as being our
beginning date. It just says Pre 17th century. The rumor of 600-1600 is
all over the SCA and she has tried very hard to verify it. Mistress
Juelda told me that it is only rumor. There is no starting date - only
the ending date of 17th century. Unfortunately, I have been guilty of
spreading that rumor myself.

-Deirdre