Re: scope of the SCA

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

>The College of Arms used to allow "documentation" from Elvish and fantasy
>books, and in fact there used to be an heraldic conflict checking book for
>armory that listed fictional arms and names (Fabulous Heraldry, if I
>recall).
>
>The College of Arms changed that registration acceptance a very long time
>ago.
>
>	Tibor

If I may add a bit of clarification, cousin.  'Fabulous Heraldry' was still
around when I first started attending Triton heraldic commenting sessions
back in '91 or '92.  It was not used for documentation, but to ensure that
submitters did not duplicate well-known fantasy heraldry.  The Eye Of
Sauron coming at you across the battlefield would be a bit...unsettling,
now wouldn't it?  :)

Alanna