Re: Northern pricipality

I feel that I must add my voice to that of Aislynn's.  For those of you who
don't know me, I have served this Kingdom since before it was a Kingdom...as
have many others.  I have, as I noted in a private missive to Byrum, served
in every capacity from Great Officer to Order Principal to Master Cook to
kitchen drudge (a very honorable occupation, I might add).  I presently serve
as Baroness of a Barony I helped to found...again as a service to my
Kingdom.  If I thought for a minute that there was any truth to the idea
that, in forming a northern principality, we were tearing the Kingdom apart,
I would withdraw my support immediately.  But I do not believe such is the
case.  I know the people who are involved in this effort and know them to be
honorable people who care a great deal about what happens to Atlantia.  I
also know that it is not the intent of most of us involved in this to go
Kingdom any time in the forseeable future.  I also know that we have no
intentions of withdrawing our support from the rest of the Kingdom.  That
would limit us to just one area rather than being able to see those from the
other areas that we consider to be dear friends.

Also I agree with Aislynn that it is a direct insult to the good people of
the southern and central regions of Atlantia to suppose that , even if the
northern region were to suddenly drop off into the ocean tomorrow, that the
Kingdom of Atlantia would not still be a viable entity.  My Lord, you
belittle yourself and your fellows a great deal!  I have travelled throughout
the southern and central regions and have seen the skills and abilities of
the folk who live there...I've watched tourneys and seen marvelous
fighters...I've seen exhibitions of arts and sciences that could put the rest
of the known world to shame...I've worked in many kitchens in your part of
our Kingdom and know that the cooks have no equal anywhere.

Please, my lord, don't accuse us of what you are not able to back up with
anything except heresay, because that's what it is!  Just to give you an
example:  some years back, I got a phone call from a dear friend in
Windmaster's Hill who was very perturbed with me.  She was upset because I
had not called her and told her that Phillip and I were expecting a child.
It seems that someone had stood up in a Windmaster's Baronial meeting and
announced the fact (or the supposed fact).  Those who know us know that I was
not then and have not been in such a condition since (my loss, I'm sure).  I
was flabbergasted, to say the least...and that announcement had absolutely no
ground in the truth.  I'm sure you're familiar with the old "gossip"
game...same principal applies here...especially as there are those who are
opposed to the idea and want to paint it in the worst possible light.  Before
you start accusing us of something, take time to hear both sides of the
issue!

Pray believe that I remain,

Yours in service...

Minowara Kiritsubo,