Re: Event, demo, and other SCA advertising

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 11:07 AM 5/26/98 -0400, Sallie Montuori wrote:

>Event announcements actually are listed in the FAQ as being news,
and
>therefore acceptable postings... Demo notices are similar in my
opinion.
 Since they're not official
>events and aren't advertised in the Acorn, it's pretty obvious to
post
>them here.  I think it's a good idea to make sure the groupname (or
at
>least the locality) is in the subject line, so it can be skipped by
>those who want to ignore it.

And PLEASE, early in the body of the message, the state!  Several
times I've seen demo announcements, complete with detailed directions
(Take your best route to I-95. Get off at Exit #117 towards
Podunk...) that mention absolutely NOTHING about which state along
the Interstate this  demo is...

Alanna