Tracing - was Re: heraldry rules (fwd)

Poster: Linda Pancrazio <lindap@ipass.net>

At 08:42 AM 7/24/98 -0400, Miri wrote:

>Poster: Heather Swann <heather@pop.net>
>
>Heck, I've been doing this for years and I still don't draw freehand- I
>always trace and use rulers and compasses and stuff.
>
>I didn't start with a light table, though...I started with a window with
>the sun behind it!  ;)
>
>Miri

Heck, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is plenty of
evidence that medieval scribes traced and used real drafting tools, and
they didn't even try to hide the hole the compass made. No scribe should
feel guilty or inadequate about not being able to draw freehand.

Genevieve (loves her light table)

Linda Pancrazio     | SCA: Lady Genevieve d'Evreux
Selma NC, USA       |      Elvegast, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
lindap@ipass.net    |      http://www.ipass.net/~lindap

Windmasters' Hill Scriptorium:
        http://www.ipass.net/~lindap/whscript.html

In the Gallery: http://www.ipass.net/~lindap/whs-gallery.html
        Lady Bridgette's Pearl -- by Lady Lucia Bellini
Lord Jason Kinslayer's Tempest -- by Lord Tankred bras de Fer
  Lady Stephania's Don Quixote -- by Gd'E