Re: Glorious day for films.

Poster: ginevra@bellsouth.net

>Poster: "Steve Schell" <sschell@hepc.com>
>
>Not that everyone is a fantasy buff... but since no one has posted on it
>yet.....
>
>New Line Cinemas has put forth 130 million for the filming of J.R.R.
>Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy.
>
>estimated release is "Fellowship of the Ring" in Christmas 2000, and
>"Two Towers" and "Return of the King" in 2001.
>
>Visit www.newlinecinema.com and e-mail them if you wish.  I'm sure that
>all the Tolkien fans will want to heap thanks, praise, and a little
>armchair directoring (Sean Connery for Gandalf anyone?) on the
>producers.
>
>Thanks for indulging me, and now back to your regularly scheduled SCA
>programming

Do you mean that it's actually going to be live-action and not animated???!!!
There is a God!
How about Patrick Stewart for Gandalf.  He is a member of the Royal
Shakespearean
Society, and pretty versatile. Or maybe Max Von Sydow? Or Alec Guinness?
James Earl Jones (what a voice!!)  Kenneth Branaugh?
There are a lot of good ones out there.
Now, who'll play Gollum??
Hopefully, whatever they do, it will be with a strong medieval flare and
not heavy on the fantasy element.
I believe that the Professor would have preferred it that way.  He was
trying to recreate the medieval
romance anyway, wasn't he??

Happily,
Ginevra