Re: Pennsic Seneschale's Court and Requirements This Year

Poster: Heather Swann <heather@pop.net>

> There's another problem.......what if I tell you that this person in
> fact did research on what the Celts wore, and from Roman sources
> gleaned that they wore what she's wearing?

Further, let's say that she's a poor college student and doesn't have
money for garb and no one in her camp does either.  Are we going to be
anal about this sort of thing?  I hope to heck not....

And, of course, is someone going to say modern shoes can't be worn?  I
have an 8 1/2EEE shoe size.  I've been trying to work out affordable
shoes for years that fit my feet and don't cause me foot problems.
I can't afford $600 boots.  Ain't happenin'.  The best I can do is black
leather loafer-like things off which I've cut modern buckles and stuff.
I can't afford to buy shoes at Pennsic should someone take offense.

Further, I would find such authenticity police really jarring and it
would break up my sense of things seeming period.  Could I haul them
into the seneschals' court for that?  ; )

I suspect (and I hope I'm wrong) that this is the thin end of a
wedge.......

Miri