Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

As one that had to deal with the mindless and uninformed accusations of
"welllll Logan was Knighted only because he won Crown" I am just curious
to know how many Knights fall into this "As a result, many are knighted"
statement.  You know timing is a kinda' funny thing.  Rhodri My only
questions in response to you comments are:

1. just how many Chivalry meeting do you attend so that you can comment
on this alleged "horror" the Knights feel towards the idea of an
unbelted Crown?

2. Have you ever seen the Chivalry's "watch list"?........no you have
not, simply because one does not exist.  The simply facts regarding the
three peerages is that there is little interpretation in the Chivalry.
The Chivalry is the easiest to judge.  Unlike the Laurel, witch is wide
open to interpretation, i.e. "Well my laurel is in garb making, but I
don't think that Lady Bob's cooking is exactly up to my standards are
and neither is Lady Jane's armoring".  Someone tell me (based only on
the example I gave) how someone who makes garb can really look at
someone's cooking and say that they are or are not a Master at that
art.  The Knight's basically look for fighting ability, peer-like
qualities, teaching of the fighting arts, and all around productivity
before supporting someone, before the Crown, as a potential Knight.

3. You agreed with the statement that "as a result of winning Crown,
many are Knighted", can you name one Knight that was _recognized_ (very
important term) as a Knight simply because they won Crown??  Or were
"magically" (kind of an insulting accusation without being direct
enough) Knighted?

Don't get Me wrong, you are entitled to your opinion.  I can see how
those that are uninformed come up with different ideas on how thing
factually are and tend to believe them.  Hell we all do it.  I mean I
believed that O.J. was guilty of murder, but apparently I was wrong
about that.

Logan

(acting only as Logan, so I don't want to hear about "how the King
should not comment in a public forum because that is just wrong and
could make people think a certain way about something without really
looking into for themselves"  i.e. those of you (very few) who have sent
Me messages like that....... please don't)