Re: A response to Their Maj. Letter in the Acorn

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

All:

I hastily quipped:

> > Nobody has to share Stephan's view to know that this was terribly
> > inappropriate, Balynar.  I don't like the fact that both or TRMs won't
> > be in every court either, but I took a minute to understand.  Maybe it
> > helps that I have kids, huh?  Regardless, a response like "If you can't
> > handle the job.  Don't fight for the crown." not only comes across as
> > base and bellicose, it isn't even anywhere close to being grammatically
> > correct.
> >
> > Steffan, next time you need to puff up, get out Gregg's Reference and
> > learn to write so we can understand what your really trying to say and
> > won't feel compelled to treat you like a lesser peasant.  That certainly
> > isn't the place you've earned.  You usually show much more class than
> > that.  I can't even postulate where this crap came from, because it
> > doesn't sound like it really came from you.
> >
> > Falcone
>
> Oh, no doubt was the message not only biased, but hostile. i don't agree
> with what Stephan said at all. I just find it better to say something
> openly then to have the "whispering campiagn" that normally happens. I'm
> weird that way, I guess. I also would say that a better way would have
> been to say it to THIER FACES...but again...just my opinion.
>
> Balynar

I was unfair to Steffan and I offer my apologies.  Sometimes my desire
to see all parties involved get the fair amount of embarrassment simply
means I get my share also.

Balynar, that was my point.  Pointing a finger on the Rose like that is
inappropriate when considering its purpose, IMHO.  I have tried over the
last 6 months or so to keep the purpose of the Rose in perspective and
have done very well.  I know I have improved with my uhhhh... courtesy
challenge in all things electronic.  This one got the best of me,
though.  We rarely see a post from HRM here, and few from His Queen.  I
felt the swipe was taken in a forum where there was little risk to the
swiper.  I felt compelled to offer some risk to Steffan, but I was
inappropriate.

I can't fault TRMs for wanting to keep Kaylin unaffected.  Regardless of
other opinions, I know what it is like to be away from your children for
long periods of time.  It is a small price to pay to insure that Kaylin
gets to see Mom and Dad, considering TRMs current situation.  As far as
the argument for knowing the "duties" of the Crown before entering the
tournament, show me the law where the King AND Queen must be present at
every feast, court, etc., at events which they attend.  Hmmmmm.  People
may not like it and have the right to feel and develop opinions about
that, but hostility or belligerent swipes serve no one.  Nothing wrong
has occurred.

Thanks Corun.  You're right.  Oh, BTW, I'll watch my contractions, too,
Elspeth;).

Falcone