Re: A new idea perhaps?

Poster: AEdric the Grene <AEdric@mindspring.com>

> Poster: Erik Dutton <edutton@worldnet.att.net>
>
> AEdric the Grene wrote:
> <snip>
> > I know of at least three people who won Kingdom-level awards for work
> > they did for a Barony (One of them actually did end up with both the Kingdom and
> > Barony award).  Seems kinda confusing to me.
> <snip>
> I also know people who have never held a Kingdom office, or really
> played much at Kingdom level, but whose level of service at the Baronial
> level has been so consistent and outstanding that some time after
> receiving the Baronial service award, the folks in their Barony
> campaigned for Kingdom-level honors for them. Just because you're not
> working directly for a Kingdom-level office or the Crowns, doesn't mean
> your service is not contributing to the Kingdom as a whole.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that it did.  What I found confusing was why these
individuals were obviously noticed by Crown for their service to their Barony, but
find it odd that 2 out of 3 did not get Baronial level awards.  You would think that
their work would first be noticed by the Barony and then the Kingdom as you suggest.
To get a Kingdom award and not a Baronial award (ever) seems really strange.
Certainly makes it seem like the awards are not clear in their criteria at some level
(Kingdom or Baronial) in at least the cases I mention or that there were other factors
at work (which, if either, or both, I'm not qualified to say since I was nowhere near
the people during the time the awards were made).  Just very strange overall.

--
AEdric the Grene

Anglo-Saxon, KnowItAll wannabe, Cider drinker
Arms: Per Pale, sable and vert (or is it vert and sable...)
Legs: 3'6" (or so)