Re: A new idea perhaps? Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Poster: <PERS2737@DALH.jcpenney.com>

To  ATLANTIA--INET     Noble Atlantians

From: C.J. Schaffer

I do not find it odd that someone should recieve recognition from the
Crown before recognition from the (Baronial) Coronet, especially for
service awards. Take, for example, a gentle who goes to 2-3 events a
month and always serves at the feast and helps with site clean up.
Someone going to so many events and consistently helping out will
eventually be noticed by the Crown or companion of the Gold Dolphin and
recieve due recognition. The Baronial level service award is usually
designed to honor those gentles who serve *the Barony* beyond what is
expected of a subject of that Barony. This same gentle never autocrats,
holds office, or heads up serving or clean up, and so is not doing *for
the Barony* any more work than is expected of a subject. But doing this
work at *every event* he attends is certainly more service *to the
Kingdom* than is expected of a subject.

For fighting and A&S awards, this logic breaks down a bit, but it could
still happen with someone who teaches at University, but never at local
A&S nights, for example. But i do not find a problem with gentles who
have been recognized on the Kingdom level, but not on the Baronial
level.

Nils Olafsson
Ponte Alto

C.J. Schaffer  <><
Personnel Supervisor            º JCPenney Store #2737-5
(703) 448-9111                  º 7900 Tysons Corner Center
(703) 448-7402 {fax}            º McLean, VA 22102-4500
*** Forwarding note from EXTERNAL--INET     04/16/98 02:02 ***